Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Daisy Bell

Daisy Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle built for two !

This chorus from "Daisy Bell" by Harry Dacre written in 1892, is an popular classic song that has been brought back to life by my favorite artist Mark Ryden

The top that I am wearing reminds me of the most recent art exhibition he had titled "The Gay 90s West." The theme of his art pieces all centered around the repetition of the chorus from "Daisy Bell." He collaborated with many singer such as Katy Perry and even Weird Al (so random) and had them cover the chorus for his show. 
His creepily cute approach to all of his work makes me obessed.
I still can't get over the fact that I missed the art gallery held at the Kohn Gallery in Los Angeles though TAT












TOP: Nasty Gal
SHORTS: American Apparel 
HEELS: Deandri

Photos by: Joshua Dearing 
Make-up by: Yukina Mitsuhashi 

No comments:

Post a Comment